CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Getting to know Jena

I was born and raised in Idaho Falls, ID. I was #4 of six kids. I loved growing up in a large family! We always had someone to hang out with. I have some pretty great memories of family trips, camping, visiting Grandparents, holidays with cousins, and many other memories we made.
While growing up I was encouraged to share my vocal talents with others. I sang in ward choirs, school choirs, and performed many musical numbers in church. In high school I was given the chance to sing with the top choir of our school--two years in a row. During that time we got to travel and see some great places. My Dad and brothers are also very musically talented. I have fond memories of my brother brining out the guitar and singing solo or with the family. As you can see music plays a major part in upbringing and continues to be a part of my life now.

After being accepted to Ricks College, I attended for a semester, worked for a semester, and then was given the opportunity to move back home and work for my Dad for a couple years. After a while I felt I needed to get back in school. While I was attending school and living at home I met JC. We met in March of 2004 and married in July of 2004. Obviously it was a quick dating/engagement period but the second time I saw him I knew he was the one I was going to be with forever. There was something about him that made me love myself when I was with him, and that has carried through into our marriage. He is a huge blessing in my life and I thank Heavenly Father for him every day.

After we married we moved to Logan, UT where we currently reside while JC finishes up his schooling. It's been very adventurous being married to a pilot. I have had the opportunity a couple times to go flying with him. I thought he was crazy for wanting to be up so high in the air but as I went out flying with him I realized there is a sense of freedom you get up there. I am so excited that he has found something that he loves. I appreciate his willingness to support our future family so I can stay home and live out my dream as a Mom and raising a family.

In my spare time I love to travel, hang out with friends, visit family, spoil my nieces and nephews, shopping, reading, interior decorating, cooking, baking, and just being with my husband.

0 comments: